ATHC is Medicare and CHAP certified.
Medicare, Medicare Advantage and all Blue Cross insurances, including BCN & BCN Advantage, Aetna, Health Net Federal Services/Tricare, Humana, Meridian Health Plan of MI and Total Health Care, All Auto, & Workers Comp
We offer specialized Skilled Nursing care and teaching to assist patients in maintaining and improving their quality of life. This includes:
- *Infusion therapy care and teaching*
- Personalized treatment and care plans
- Diabetic management, and teaching
- Cardiac Rehabilitation Program
- Blood pressure monitoring
- IM/SQ injections, and teaching
- Ostomy care, and teaching
- Catheter care, placement, maintenance
- Pain management
Feeding tubes, tracheostomy care
Wound/dressing care, and teaching
Wound V. A. C. experienced nurses
Post surgical rehabilitation
- Teach COPD management
- In home coagulation monitoring
Our Rehabilitation Therapy includes:
- Client and family assessment and training in their home to
improve functional skills and quality of life
- Home Balance Program for Seniors
- Fall Prevention Program
- Senior Home Exercise Program
- Exercise programs for improved trunk and extremity strength, endurance, range of motion, coordination and balance
- Functional Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Managing COPD with Pulmonary rehabilitation: a team approach to severe asthma, COPD and emphysema using exercise, medication, relaxation and posture training
- Lower back and neck pain management
- CVA Rehabilitation
- Bed mobility and transfer training
- After surgery rehabilitation care: Pain management control and functional training after surgery or injury
- Educate patient and/or caregivers about their diagnosis and pronosis
- Geriatric assessment
- Urinary control
- Recommendations for assistive devices and home modifications to improve safety
- Massage to decrease pain, muscle spasms, edema, and to improve flexibility
Check out this Fall Prevention video:
Total Knee Replacement video:
- Evaluation of and fitting for adaptive equipment
- Instruction in conserving energy, simplifying work and joint protection
- Custom orthotic fabrication for hands and arms
- Perceptual motor training
- Strengthening, range of motion and coordination exercises
- Training for family or caregiver to reinforce and enhance the benefits of treatment
- Work with patients and family to establish goals to improve quality of life, maximize independence and prevent further disability
- Speech Pathologists are experts in the management and treatment of communication and swallowing disorders.
- Treatment focuses on increasing each patient's communication skills and the oral-motor skills needed for safe swallowing.
- Personalized treatments are designed to improve:
1. Speech characteristics
2. Auditory comprehension
3. Oral expression
5. Reading comprehension
6. Written expression
7. Problem solving and memory
Medical Social Worker provides:
Alpha Therapeutics Home Care's social work services improve or maintain the social and emotional health of our patients while enhancing the coping skills of the family and other caregivers. Our MSW's have access to a large network of resources to assist in maintaining the comfort, well being and safety of our patients.The MSW role is:
- Liaison with other members of the health care team
- Advocacy with community agencies
- Information and referral to programs such as Meals on Wheels, the Alzheimer's Association and many other organizations
- Counseling and crisis interventions
- Emotional support
- Application for financial assistance
- Assistance with long-term care planning
- Placement counseling, if needed
- Our Registered Dietitians evaluate and design a customized nutritional plan that can enhance your health or the health of a loved one, based on dietary needs, medical conditions, and physician recommendations.
- Services include:
1. Diet counseling 2. Nutritional assessments
3. Phone consultations with the patient
and family members
4. The most up-to-date specialty diets
such as low fat, low salt and
5. Consultations on Enteral and
Home Care Aides:
- Provides personal care for patients unable to do so independently.
- HCA's typically address a patient's ADL's. Activities of daily living (ADL's) refers to six activities which reflect the patient's capacity for self care:
4. using the toliet
- Home Health Aide assistance helps prevent any accidents or falls from occurring that may cause injury to the patient.
- They may check pulse and breathing rates.
- They help patients take their medicine.
- They do not perform heavy full housekeeping.
- They change bed linens, clean and/or straighten a patient's room and bathroom, and may do a load of the patient's laundry.